Thursday, April 28, 2011

Is There a Point?

Authors note: My inspiration for this was a movie called, The Truman Show, and how our vision is the only factor we have to define life as real, and how we hope there is some point to the madness and struggles of life.

Each day we arrive at this place of learning, to what make something of myself in life? To have a future full of opportunities, but I ask myself in midst of doubt, what is it we really want to achieve, and what is it we are going to get out of this life. What if the person next to you was just a figment of you imagination, but you could never decipher the difference.

Our perceptions are colored by our observations. We live in a virtual reality constructed by our minds, and reality is only what we perceive it to be.  Numbers, they are the same way. If I was to take a baby and teach them from the start the order went 1, 2, 8, 3 they wouldn’t see anything wrong with it, but the rest of society who all has agreed a single concept to look at the world would see the error. Numbers aren’t real, but we recognize them to be. Life isn’t real, but we distinguish reality to be.

The concept on life not being real forces you to consider the fact that then what do we have to look forward to. If vision is our only validation, then what is the point of the effort put into this life. We wish, and hope that in the end there was some reason for it all, and some meaning to my life.

1 comment:

  1. I like this piece. It really made me think and you used good vocabulary! The only thing I would say to change is I noticed a couple typos so maybe read over it again, but other than that good job!

    ReplyDelete